Dollar Bill

Straight off the X-Carve… I used a .5mm ballnose bit for the finish pass on cherry and took almost 10 hrs to carve but i wanted the detail so I think it was worth it

38 Likes

4" x 8" I think it was doing 40 ipm with a 10% stepover

Im not sure what it was exactly i dont remember the setting but when I brought it into Easel I brought it to 160% and it was clipping along just cant remember what it started at

:+1:

Very nice!

Vectric also has a free project that includes a dollar bill engraving

http://www.vectric.com/cool-stuff/projects/2015/Big-Buck-Bank.html

Mixed bills man!! Don’t want The Man coming to visit lol

1 Like

Now you just need to flip it and do the other side. Great detail.

Wow, did you model the 3D relief yourself? What software do you use?

Reproduction of Currency

Authority: The Counterfeit Detection Act of 1992, Public Law 102-550

Color Reproductions

Section 411 of Title 31 of the Code of Federal Regulations permits the printing, publishing or importation, or the making or importation of the necessary plates or items for such printing or publication, of color illustrations of U.S. currency provided that:

1.The illustration must be of a size less than three-fourths or more than one and one-half, in linear dimension, of each part of any matter so illustrated;

2.The illustration must be one sided; and

3.All negatives, plates, digitized storage medium, graphic files, magnetic medium, optical storage devices, and any other thing used in the making of the illustration that contain an image of the illustration or any part thereof shall be destroyed and or deleted or erased after their final use in accordance with this section.

Black and White Reproductions

Title 18, United States Code, Section 504 permits black and white reproductions of currency and other obligations, provided such reproductions meet the size requirement.

Amazing detail on it. Cool idea and nice job.

Thx

I didn’t I bought the pattern off ebay and used vcarve then easel

1 Like

What do you use to send gcode?

I go from Vcarve to a folder then Easel imports it

Nice Job

Thx