Drill cribbage peg holes

Having trouble using the drill app for a cribbage board

What are you having trouble doing?
The holes can not be combined together, they need to be separate for the drill app to work.
Can you share your project?
Thanks
Russell

1 Like

Russel
I am drilling cribbage board holes there is 484 holes. I have done it before and can not for the life of me remember how. When I select the drill app says I have nothing select. and when I select all it drills one hole in the middle, I have missed something
Everett

1 Like

The holes are probably combined together, you need to use the Xploder app to separate them
Russell

I have tried that ann it would take 55 hours that way and the last time only took 3 hours an 47 min. How do I share
Everett

Go to File,Share, Shared with Link, then highlight the link and copy it. Make sure you hit Save and then paste the file to the forum
Russell

https://easel.inventables.com/projects/VbquCovIBiwTVZ1GZuy0mg

I used the Shape Xploder App and broke the holes apart, then used the Convert Circles to Drill Hole App.
Good Luck
Russell

Did you use the select all then the Xploder then the drill app? Thanks for all the help very much appreciated

Everett

1 Like

I just selected the object, all the holes were connected. Then I used the Shape Xploder App, then the Drill App. You’re welcome
Russell

1 Like

Can I ask A Newbie question? What is the advantage using the drill feature vs. just carving them?

Welcome to the forums Jim. If lets say you need a 1/8" hole and you are using a 1/8" bit it will not carve it. You will need to make the hole larger then 1/8" for it to carve. If you use the same bit and same size hole and use the drilling feature it works like a drill press and pecks down until it reaches the desired depth. Maybe not the best explanation but i hope you understand.

Thanks Wanye I think i understand. Is this feature also faster?

I just went into easel and used the App pretty slick, saves me a workpiece and a bit change.

The drill feature should be faster. To do it as a raster if you want a 1/8" hole you would need to use a 1/16" bit. Then it would need to cut away all the area for each hole and that would take way more time.

That is what I have been doing. Then changing to a bit to cut the piece out. Im always looking to save a step in my processes. This helps a lot. Esp when I broke my last 16th bit and am waiting on shipping. The 8th will be more stout when I screw up.

1 Like

I m sorry to be the one to tell u this but there is no single 4 man game of crib ??!! When there are 4 ppl u then ply as partners ???

Yes there is I have a board and have played in 4 man tournaments. The template i have is is from a fellow player. He hand drilled his and mine was done with easel

This may help. YMMV
Peck Drilling Gcode generator