Dual shaft Nema 23 motors?

I am looking to replace one of my motors.But I would like it to be a dual shaft. Where do you guys trust to buy new ones from?

I’ve had good results with https://www.omc-stepperonline.com. I have purchased stepper motors and drivers from them.

1 Like

I replaced all my steppers with those and they have dual shaft.

1 Like

Just curious, why do you want dual shaft?

1 Like

To put some colorful little swirly windmills on the ends. :wink:

2 Likes

I installed the cnc4newbie z slider and I want the dual shaft so I can put a knob on the other side to be able to manually adjust the z height.

Not something you can do with the power enabled. Actually, you can, but it takes quite a bit of force and then screws up your home position.

2 Likes

Can you explain the need to manually move the Z up or down?
Like Traxter said the machine will not the Z was moved.

1 Like

I had no problems moving x, y or z with the power on. And there are times when I manually position the machine and then zero it in the software. Also when something goes wrong if I hit the shunt button I can use the knob to raise the Z. I just like having that ability to do it. It might not be at the pro level but I am not a pro haha.

When you start back up from an emergency stop you have to home it and the first movement in homing is Z up to top before any x or y moves.
Zeroing Z is very accurate with probe and the setup is not expensive. I don’t know why anyone would work without it.

After not using the probe and then finally breaking down and getting one, I don’t see why I didn’t get it in the first place. No longer am I concerned with bit changes and how a carving will turn out. On the other hand, I have two x carved, I use a laser on the second one. I would love to have a manual z knob to turn when using different thicknesses of materials because the laser is set right at three inches from any surface and the program I am using only works in x and y planes. I can see the need for a manual knob for the z axis in that case.