Dust Collection Hose Size

Can anyone tell me the diameter of the hose that comes with the dust collection setup? Just want to make sure I have the right parts ready to get it connected to my 4’ dust collection system. I tried searching but couldn’t find the answer. Thanks

on the page for dust collection

there is a link to the cad file for the hose as well as all other aspects of the collection unit

I plugged it right into my large Home Depot Ridgid wet dry vac. It’s whatever that size hose is, which I believe is 2-1/2"

If you look at the Source file it is listed as 1.50 inch hose
17110.pdf list it as Hose adapter 2.25 to 1.50 Conductive.

it should be 2.25 on the end to the shop vac / dust collection. with this in mind you should be able to custom fit whatever system to it.
At work I used a piece of MDF that I cut out and just plugged that hose into the four inch dust collection pipe.

I apologize for asking this here but how do you start a new topic? I have been around forums for YEARS and for the life of me I can’t see a place to start a new topic. As you can see I am registered… Maybe it takes time to be activated? Again sorry for chiming in on this post but I didn’t know what else to do. Newbie here looking at the X carve for business applications

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-14-Gal-6-0-Peak-HP-Wet-Dry-Vac-with-Auto-Detail-Kit-WD1451/203820088

Accessories included are a 7 ft. x 2-1/2 in. Dual-Flex locking hose, two 2-1/2 in. extension wands, 2-1/2 in. utility nozzle, 2-1/2 in. car nozzle, 2-1/2 in. wet nozzle, and a 3-layer fine dust filter (VF5000)

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ridgid-2-1-2-in-x-13-ft-Tug-A-Long-Vacuum-Hose-for-RIDGID-Wet-Dry-Vacs-VT2521/20565423

This is what I have and it plugs into the Vac. You’ll notice they call it 2-1/2". The inventables hose plugs into the same intake hole just as snug as the Ridgid hose.

I measured the extreme end of the Ridgid hose and that is 2-1/4", but it is tapered back somewhat to about 2-3/8".

The outer diameter of the hose has to fit into the inner diameter of the adaptor and vac

WoodRiver adapter:

• 2-1/2" OD male thimble accepts most 2-1/2" dust-collection hoses

• 2-1/4" ID male thimble accepts most 2-1/4" hose end fittings and standard shopvac hose

From inventables description:

The hose is long enough that you don’t need an additional hose, and its universal fitting is compatible with most shop vacuums.

okay. sure.

just was trying to show that if you need the specifications that they are available online and all you need to do is follow the links in the description.

It would seem that this has upset you in some way and the was not the intention of the post. I was simply showing what the specs are. From that anyone can make, duplicate, or modify as needed.

What I posted was not about what you have, what you have done, how you use it.

What I posted was about how to get the specs on the system and use that to make, or buy what you need.

I was just replying with information that supported my answer to the OP who was looking for hose sizes…nothing more or less… I guess in my answer I should have distinguished between the “hose” and the common sized connector it comes with :-).

1 Like