Dust Collector interfering with WIFI

This is true for soft limits on and hard limits off.

1 Like

As LarryM stated this is only if Hard limits are off. As I am not familiar with the x-controller directly I cannot say with certainty that Hard limits are on or off. Do you know if using the easel machine setup turns hard limits off? I know in my setup (Arduino with G-shield) that the Hard limits were left on when I upgraded to the 1000mm x 1000mm x-carve setup and ran the easel machine configuration. Through easel you should be able to check using $$ to see if hard limits are on or off. If they are on then this is still a valid potential problem. Or again through Universal Gcode sender just putting in a $$ will allow to you check.

No and yes. Hard limits is a setting.

If you set $21=1 then grbl will monitor the homing/limit swtich pins and if they change state then you will get an alarm whether you have anything hooked up or not (disabled during the homing cycle).

If you use limit switches they do need to be set up properly.

1 Like

Yeah I agree Phil. I was not aware that the current controller does not turn them on when setting up homing. As I said with my setup albeit a little different and they are a factor. With that said it wouldnā€™t hurt to verify they are off just to eliminate that as a potential issue. You never know for sure until you check. Thanks for the feedback as well. It is nice to see how active you are and your responses I have seen always seem spot on.

1 Like

I think my reliable setup for me is power up the x-carve side before my laptop. If I power up the laptop first, I will have to unplug the USB cable and plug it back in before the ā€œCarveā€ button turns green.

~SOLVED!!!~ I tried everything to isolate the problem and finally had to give up and accept the dropouts. Then my laptop self-destructed and I had to replace it with a new one. Have had no problem since so Iā€™m guessing the wifi receiver was weak. Iā€™m just happy itā€™s working properly now!!! Thanks to everyone who tried to help!!

1 Like