DXF import issues

Hi there - I am trying to import a .DXF file (see attached). It imports as a massive image, I have resized and it is “mostly” right. but there are some lines on the drawing that I want to remove but have been unable to. I have tried “edit points” but don’t seem to be able to get it to work. (I will remove the extraneous text once imported).
I am new to this game so maybe missing something here. any assistance would be appreciated.
LX Trap - no dim.dxf (76.2 KB) LX Trap.dxf (220.2 KB)
2x versions attached (one with dimensions, 1 with out.

Maybe some of the drawing is grouped and you need to explode it into smaller pieces. You should be able to do that in your drawing program.

I was able to open it in CorelDraw, then saved it as an SVG and imported into Easel. It has double lines, what are you using the file for?

When this happens, you can also chose the “Select All” menu option, lock the Height & Width aspect ratio, and then change either one to it’s actual known issue. This has worked perfectly for me recently, and I know Inventables is aware of DXF Import issue with some files. In my case, it was the actual DXF generating program; it scales everything by 1000.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

Hey there, sorry for the delayed response (I answered in Gmail… and bounced! (DOH))
I have tried un-grouping / exploding but drawing still imports as one element.
Have reworked the original image to remove superfluous lines but still having some issues - scale is a big one. I have managed to re scale in Easel. Will do a test carve shortly to see.
thanks again for giving my problem some thought - JK

Hey there, sorry for the delayed response (I answered in Gmail… and bounced! (DOH))
Have reworked the original image to remove superfluous lines but still having some issues - scale is a big one. I have managed to re scale in Easel. Will do a test carve shortly to see.

Have reworked the original image to remove superfluous lines but still having some issues - scale is a big one. I am also trying the SVG Import route. I have managed to re scale in Easel, so will do a test carve shortly to see.

1 Like

also Russell, the ultimate project aim is for lighting & sound patch traps.
Fingers crossed the final product is in heavy gauge aluminum with the plugs screwed to the plate.
Thanks for giving me some of your time - JK

1 Like