Easel crashing my Mac

In the past couple of weeks Easel has been crashing my Mac, which is running High Sierra. It locks everything up so I must reboot to continue. No issues on my Macbook pro laptop, which is also running High Sierra. Any thoughts?

If they’re both running 10.13.x and one works and the other doesn’t, then it’s not the OS conflicting with Easel.

Post each machines serial number and I can diagnose this further for you.

The serial number of the Mac is: W80122X75PE

The serial number for the Macbook is: C02NRBDJG3QC

Model: iMac (27-inch Late 2009)
Build Year: - This unit was built in 2010.
Build Week - Your Mac was built in week 12 of that year (March).
Production Nr.: - This unit was number 1197 to be built that week.
CPU speed: - 3.06 GHz
Installed RAM: - 4 GB

Model: - MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2014)
Build Year: - This unit was built in the second half of 2014.
Build Week - Week 22 (May) or week 49 (November)
Production Nr.: - This unit was number 1208 to be built that week.
CPU speed: - 2.2 GHz
Installed RAM: - 16 GB

Has any additional memory been added to the iMac?

No, it is as originally sold. It worked fine with easel for about a year. Started to have issued a few weeks ago.

Bob these two computers are vastly different. Frankly I’m surprised that the iMac even runs 10.13. It must be really slow. 10.13 requires 8 gigs RAM as a minimum, and you have only 4 installed. The good news is that you can upgrade that machine up to 32 gigs. The bad news is that it takes PC3-8500. The only place that I’ve seen 8 gig chips of PC3-8500 is Amazon. You’ll need 4 chips total. That should extend the life of that machine by another two or three years. Otherwise don’t expect much from that machine anymore.

21.5 or 27?

You are not running PC3-8500 RAM like he is.

Also your iMac is closer to his MacBook Pro than his iMac.

Robert actually Adobe recommends 8 GB. The program will “run” on less, but that is a minimum, not optimum requirement. Meaning that not all features will be supported with less ram and rendering will take much longer with less ram. It will still “technically” run on less than 8 Gb though.

I guess it’s time to add some ram. I will put an additional 8 GB in and see if the problems go away. Thank you for your assistance.

It takes 204 pin PC3-8500 (1066) DDR3 SO-DIMM.

Another way to tell if it’s memory is if you see the spinning “beachball” for a prolonged amount of time.

If memory doesn’t solve it then it’s a processor issue. Good luck.