Easel Driver 0.3.16 released

Hi,

We have released a new version of the Easel Driver, v0.3.16. Driver is available immediately to be downloaded for Windows, macOS and Ubuntu Linux at Easel - Downloads. You will be prompted to upgrade next time you carve.

Release notes:

• Fixed firmware upload on MacOS Catalina
  • Linux firmware upload improvements

I just downloaded it and upgraded. Now easel won’t recognize our x-carve. I’m using a MacBook pro.

Hi @PatrickDrone
This is unexpected. Please give our CS team a call and they will help you with the issue you are having.

Thanks,
Kacper

Hey @KacperMarcisz

I am going to go ahead and upgrade our machines manually today. I never did receive an upgrade notice.

Will this be fixed or will I have to keep an eye on this thread to know when a new upgrade is released?

Have a great day!

Steve

OS Catalina is telling me this file has not been approved by Apple - is there another validation that needs to be done for this to work?

Thanks!

Hi @BrianPeterson
In Catalina to allow for the software to be installed you have to open System Preferences, and in Security & Privacy section you will have an option to allow the installation to continue by clicking Open Anyway. See the screenshot below.

3 Likes

After hitting the “Open Anyway” button, you will see another dialog box with the same error message. But this time there is an “Open” button that will allow the app to be installed.

Did you find a solve for this? I am able to connect the xcarve on a MacBook Pro with Mojave, but I cannot connect on a MacBook Pro on Catalina.