Easel is not connecting to X-Controller on macOS Sierra

This problem had me stuck for a while. I am glad MichaelCastano had post the solution.

THE PROBLEM - Back story and details of my OS. You can skip ahead if needed.
I upgraded my computer’s os to High Sierra from El Capitan
After plugging in the USB, Easel would not recognize the X Controller. Though the “CARVE” button was green. It would lag as well.
When I opened up Advance in the Machine Tab in Easel, the code read out a bunch of error: 9. Looked something like this.

error: 9

If that is what you are getting after installing the upgraded os, this may be your problem.

05 PM

The problem is with the drivers competing with each other to send signals at the same time, which is what I understood from digging around on the net.

The solution was a bit tricky to follow. so I will tell you how I did it in as much detail as I can incase you run into the problem yourself. This is my route that worked for me and if it works for you then awesome.

MY SOLUTION EXPLAINED

First off, Thanks to MichaelCastano, the link that was posted was helpful. I have copied and pasted the sections that worked for me.

Step 1.

1. Download the 2.4.2 drivers from FTDI’s website VCP Drivers - FTDI and install. The install will succeed, BUT due to Apples built-in FTDI drivers they will not work.

2. Reboot computer and enter recovery mode Via powering down and holding down CMD + R on reboot.

3. In recovery mode open terminal from → utilities ← at the top of the screen. Then type the following below to temporaily disable System Integrity Protection:

csrutil disable

Note: This will disable the lock that allows you to throw away important .kext, which are used to run the Mac OS efficiently. Other than what you are changing, you wouldn’t normally need to go there.

STEP 2

After you have restarted, the extension you are trying to find is AppleUSBFTDI.kext

How do you find it?
“your harddisk”—> System ---->Library---->Extensions

In the Extensions folder, you will see a bunch of them. Scroll down until you see AppleUSBFTDI.kext "Mine isn’t there anymore because I have deleted it.

Step 3
Use your best judgement on this, I am not a guru. What I did was right clicked and deleted it from the extensions folder.

Now, if you have followed STEP 1, you should have 2.4.2 drivers from FTDI already installed on your computer.

If so, you can do a test. get easel up a running with a test project on your browser. Then if the carve button is green click on it. It will run you through the steps before carving.
When you get to “SECURE MATERIAL” step, move the X Carve around to make sure your stepper motors are registering. If that works, then you are done with the hard part.

NOTE: if you change to enable, “csrutil disable”. Then it will stop working. That is what i found out.

This is what worked for me. Thanks to all the people who have provided some information. I hope that was clear enough and that it will save you some time digging around.

If there is something better, please let me know and I will try it for future reference.