Easel locks up/freezes as soon as I hit carve

Hi people, I have to say I am an idiot just getting that out of the way. I used this program before to cut an oblong circle. Now a month or so later I am trying to carve out a picture of one of our two dogs. I save the file and go through the adjustments to setup and can jog the router and even home it. But once homes I unplug the router power then get it set to work zero, and do the last fine tuning, and then hit carve, and it sits at the blue line where it says simulating tool paths, and it sets there about 1/10 of the way and doesn’t move. I have let it set for 2 minutes and nothing. What am I doing wrong, is it my settings, a computer program issue, or I programed in wrong settings? Anyone have any suggestions please?

If there is alot to the carve sometimes it takes a while for it to simulate and get started. Be patient and let it run and see if it finishes. I have seen files that take a half hour or more.

1 Like

THank you I will try that, as it is a fairly intricate picture, and I did try the simple circle cut and it went
quickly… Thank you very much for the fast reply! :vulcan_salute:

1 Like