Easel log-in for students

Greetings All,

Just started to use the xcarve and easel software with middle school students. I have 300 students each year. Was wondering if anyone had advice on using 1 log in account for students or have them create there own?

Best
Preston Sweeney

You seem to have the same need that Meredith Martin had. She mentioned this in the “Schools” section under her topic “Student Accounts - Email verification”. This would seem to be a real need as more and more school districts build out their Maker areas.

I recommend that you reach out to forum members NeilFerreri1 and MeredithMartin. I believe that Neil has managed something in the past for his students. Many school districts don’t like to have direct student accounts because it creates a communication path to the student which is not sanctioned by the school or by parents.

There seems to be enough need for a classroom account structure that perhaps Inventables should address this specifically.

I have used a general account for all students (close to 300) in my classes and it worked out okay until someone decided to delete a bunch of projects and write inappropriate things on others. I asked my tech dept to create an account in our Google Apps domain and used that to activate the account and monitor things. After my issues, I had all students create their own accounts using their Google Apps account through the district and verify their account via email. If you don’t have student email addresses, one account works fine assuming all students play well in the sandbox (I went over 2 years with zero issues). Now that I have students create their own accounts, I prefer that.