Easel not connecting to USB with Linux

I am running Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. All works fine with UGS. Easel, I downloaded and installed the Linux driver, installed the driver, when I setup my machine which is a generic 3018 Pro with CH341 serial I hit the confirm settings it just sits there and does nothing. It works fine on my Windows 8.1 desktop, Ubuntu Linux it does nothing. It works fine with UGS, and I have done other cuts with UGS.

I dont know much beyond Linux to fix anything, at best I can follow instructions when available. I installed the Linux driver as shown. It just shows connecting to other GRBL, plug in your usb cable, and after awhile I just hit cancel.

Hello… like me on debian. I recently receive a 3018… impossible to connect with easel. I have other machine with cnc shield and no problem …

What is upsetting is you cannot get help, other than frantically searching google, or posting in some forum with a crass reply to google it. If I found the answer from google I would not be posting here.

Contact Inventables support they will be pleased to help you with this.

I am not using XCarve, I have a generic CNC 3018.

2 Likes

@AlexNemeth @Ths I’ve added support for the CH340/CH341 to the unofficial easel-driver if you’d like to try it out.

Hello,
My controller was:

Bus 001 Device 009: ID 1a86:7523 QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter
NO CH340 … HL-340 !
That why it doesn’t works i think ?

It works ! Found tricks here: kernel modules - Testing QinHeng Electronics HL-340 USB-Serial adapter - Unix & Linux Stack Exchange
sudo modprobe ch341