Easel Pro malfunctions during cutting and cuts accross my Job after a few minutes into cut

Glad it seem to have worked out for you, and your primary issues might have been heat-related!

Never been to South Africa (yet?) but I know the Bloemfontein city/area due my hobby flying sailplanes/gliders. Bloemfontein is in my community well known for its soaring site/center :slight_smile:

Thats great Haldor. I am originally from Cape Town, and moved to bloemfontein 20 years ago. You must then be fimiliar with the Tempe Air Base. That is where all the hobbyists aviation guys are flying around. We have very cold and dry winters and hot rainy summers.

Need to check your speeds and depth per pass. If it happens to get hung up due to material hardness, and to deep of depth per pass hanging the the movement up, this will automatically throw your axis off creating a double version offset of the carving being processed. You need to stop it immediately and reset the speed, Depth per pass, plunge, and the X, Y axis starting point. Remember that your plunge needs to be half the size of the bit your using. That is the one important factor that needs to be followed in order to make your carving right from start to finish.

I stopped using easel because of that issue.Now i use picsender with no problems

@JohnD.Parson Thank you for your valuable advice. my problem was not speed and pass rate related. my depth pass rate was 1mm and which I again reduced to 0.7mm. My speed was 1016mm/min which I reduced to 772mm/min. the bit was a 4mm straight cut bit which was quite capable of doing the job on 6mm mdf through cut. The problem was overheating of my TB660 stepper drivers which I rectified with super cooling by using a different heatsink on chip. I hope that is very clear to you now. Thanx Buddy

@FrankHankey Thank you Frank for your valuable advice, but as you can see through my entire post, the problem was not easel. My problem was technical and I actually apologized blaming the easel software. thank you for the tip. I will certainly give picsender a try. :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

@FrankHankey Please PM me the download link for Picsender

Gotcha. Make sense, glad you have it figured out.