Easel Pro Opens The Door For Mac Users

Meaning you can’t get it installed? Or once installed it doesn’t function properly?

I can get the base program installed just fine but not all the features work. I.e. I have followed every possible tutorial out there to add the other features and I can’t get it to trace image files like png files and v-carve those. I have to use SVGs which are horrific if you bitmap trace in Inkscape and not all the loops are closed. This is actually a known issue by Scorch and they have specifically stated they are not familiar enough with Macs to help.

I’d have to use a program like autocad to find all the open loops and close every single one by hand which takes so much time and I am not familiar enough with that program to do it in any efficient way.

I don’t want to run parallels on my computer or bootcamp or whatever just for one program. I just want one that works on a Mac.

So, do you know of a good prismatic tutorial for Fusion 360?

I use F-Engrave v1.62 on a Mac. I don’t have an option for opening .jpg or .svg files. Only .bmp files, which work fine.

I use Inkscape to edit files but I keep having open loop issues which are time consuming to find and edit, even if you can edit and close them all. I tried to do it in Autocad and I couldn’t figure out how to get the program to identify open loops. I don’t want to go through and manually find them all.

So yeah, I guess I also use .bmp files and it’s awful if something is even remotely complex.

If you are on the Windows or Linux version of Fengrave, you can just trace the png file like Easel does with image trace. I have never been able to get it to work with Fengrave on Mac.