Easel won't cut holes in svg

Hi everyone,
I’ve been working on a project which requires the cutting of an sag file which I have created. However, for some reason, easel has the red “cannot cut” marks on quite a few of my holes, even though they are all identical. It isn’t a rendering issue because the toolpaths show that it won’t cut. Sorry if this has been posted before, I couldn’t find any posts exactly like mine.
Thanks

It looks like you have those holes set to outline, I would suggest setting them to fill. Also I find sometimes when I get a red warning like that I check my tool paths, if the tool paths get generated, I ignore the red.

Hi there,
Thanks so much for the quick response, but I’m afraid when I set the easel to fill it cuts out the entire shape like so:

And as I mentioned before, my tool paths show that they wont cut out the reddened sections. They only go to the blank sections as you can see here:

Thank you

You have a compound shape. instead of having a square and 6 circles all as separate shapes, Easel thinks you have 1 shape that has a bunch of holes cut in it.

I know it’s odd because that’s what you want right? But go back to your vector program and break apart that compound path and it should be just fine.

I don’t know what program you’re using, but in Illustrator you would go to

Object–> Compound Path --> Release

or just right-clicking and selecting

Release Compound Path

If you’re having trouble just post your .svg file here and I’ll take a look at it.

2 Likes

Thanks so much. I’ve had this trouble with a few of my svg files and I couldn’t find anything about it. It seems to be working perfectly now.

This worked for me too. Exported from AI to SVG and then had the same problem. Saw this, opened the SVG and the file did indeed have compound path for the drill circles.