Easel won't recognize 1800 mm expansion

Well, after all that its still doing the same thing. Its starting the carve on the center cutout up at the top of the board and skipping the two top speaker cutouts.
I’m open to any suggestions.
Thanks
Dave
Here is a screen shot of my machine settings

Have you attempted a different project?

I just ran a project from another older speaker I made. It was a lot smaller than this one but it came out just fine.

You consider problem solved as of now??

A tip would be to draw up a large square or something in Easel and just air-carve the thing to see if the tool moves into the additional work area your axis upgrade added…

The problem is far from solved. I just started a new piece and its way off. All over the place. I’m about ready sell it for scrap alum.

Can you jog your machine to it’s extents?

Sorry to hear that.

Sadly, I do not have any great tip to give you to fix the issue.
It just occurred to me reading this thread that I would start out tinkering without material until I knew the machine recognized the added work area.

Try adding a pen to the machine and put some paper on the waste board and start a new Easel project with some shapes that should cover most of your available work area. A picture might help someone less of a noob like me to figure something out.

Don’t ruin material until this problem has been figured out!

Hi Rusty,
I can jog the machine to all 4 corners using the tabs in the “Carve” area.

Hmm I’m try another Easel project that cut in the areas you’re having difficulty with. Are you able to share the link the project you are having issues with?

When you are on the project you are having issues with, if you click the show tool paths in the 3D viewer area, does it show paths to all of your elements?

Hi Rusty,
Yes. It shows all the tool paths. There are 5 speaker cutouts. I think I found a work around. A temp fix for the time being. But the problem remains. The speaker cabinets are 54 inches tall. However the speakers only take up 40 inches of that. I cut the project size to 40 inches and reset the cutouts to the upper end and restarted the carve. So far so good. But I know that I will have to get this fixed. My neighbor wants some cabinets about the same size. I’m wondering if I need to use that Mach 4 instead of easel. Right now, I’m at a loss to figure this out.
Thanks
Dave
Here is the project. Or one side of it.

Well, so much for the temp fix. It cut out the first hole just fine then started cutting the second one right over the lower edge of the first.

I believe I have figured out the problem. I downloaded the g code from easel and used Universal G Code Sender to send it to the x carve. I noticed that while my measurements were in inches the g code I downloaded from easel was in mm. And they were WAY off. It had the width at 250.03mm x 1313.63 mm which translates to 9.84 inches x 51.77 inches. My setup in easel was 11 inches X 54 inches.
Is there a problem in this new easel software?

Hmmm, this is interesting. Are you importing your design into Easel from another program? Could you possible post a screen shot of Easel with you project open, it’s hard to see if it’s an issue with the work space setting since I think Easel stores that information on each individuals computer.

I know I had an issue with scaling when I first started, and it ended up just being an issue with converting from Graphic to svg and importing into Easel.

If you click on one of the shapes, and select the shape tab in Easel, are all the numbers there correct?

Hi Rusty,
I did all the design in easel. Several times for each one thinking I had done something wrong. No imports. I exported from easel the g code. Here is a screen shot from a few min ago. I clicked on the circle shapes and set the numbers according to size, position, depth etc.

The coordinates in the gcode are relative to the starting point of the job (i.e. the bottom left). Since your project isn’t cutting out the 54x11" rectangle I wouldn’t expect any X or Y values that big in the gcode.

It looks like the topmost, outermost circle has its right side at X = 9.906" and top at Y = 51.781". Since it’s set to cut that as an inside outline, with a 0.125" bit, the maximum X and Y values of the toolpaths should be X=9.843" (9.906" minus the radius of the bit) and Y=51.719" (51.781" minus the radius). That seems right in line with what you observed. If you still think there’s something wrong could you clarify which coordinates or dimensions you’re looking at in the gcode and what you expect them to be? Thanks!

Hi Rodovich,

As a newbe here to the world of cnc, I accept the premise that the measurements are relative. The speakers 1 & 5 have an OD of 8.8125 inches. Speakers 2 & 4 have an OD of 5.8375 inches and speaker 3 has an OD of 4.112 inches. The 3 in the center are offset 1/4 and 1/2 inch to the left. There is another speaker that is a mirror of the left. So what happened yesterday is, the first speaker cut out fine. It was perfect. When it moved on to speaker 2, it started cutting that half way into the 1st speaker. The center of speaker 2 was on/over the OD line on speaker 1.
On previous attempts to cut these out, the first speaker started cutting a 3 inch hole that was 1 inch off center.
I don’t understand why its doing this all of the sudden. It started before I upgraded to an 1800 mm Y axis.
If there is anything you know about that I can do, please let me know.
Thanks
Dave

After working all weekend on this thing, I got it to carve the pattern in the correct size, however, it carves the first box in the right spot but when it moves on to the next box, it tries to go forward against the limit switches instead of toward the back of the machine. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Dave

Uploading 20151124_103156.mp4… Hi Paul,

Here is the video you wanted. You have my number if you have anything further.

I really need to get this solved ASAP.

Thank you
Dave

You’ll have to try and upload that video again. The video has to finish uploading before you hit reply.

I am about to upgrade my machine to 1800mm. I would like to know if you ever got this figured out?

Hi,
Yes I did. What it amounted to was upgrading to windows 10. Something in there worked with the settings.