Endmill buyers anonymous

juice, coffee, and donuts are in the back of the room during the EBA meeting.

1 Like

well, just ordered 9 more… it’s okay though because it was with a gift card and $25.

1 Like

I now feel like a bad sport, I still only have the same handful I’ve been using more or less since I got the X-Carve. They’re still sharp and I’ve only hosed up one of 'em… Clearly, I need more mills!

2 Likes

I’m on the lookout for a few good “point cutting round over” bits… if anyone sees any for a nice price, I’d love to add them to my collection.

what does a taper nose offer over a straight shank with a ball nose?

I think I have early cases. Grooming your collection with custom labels indicates a problem, right?

1 Like

A few examples of uses…

cutting walls with draft angles for tooling
conical holes
reduces tooling marks on 3d carvings when parallel finishing.

The main reason I use tapered bits is for 3D carving. As @RobertCanning stated above these bits are extremely durable when compared to an endmill with the same size end. I have cut several relief carvings in some of the softer wood with only a finishing pass with these bit. I have several sizes that I use on a regular basis, 2mm radius, 1mm radius, 0.5mm radius and 0.25mm radius. It all depends on the level of detail I am going after.

2 Likes

@RobertCanning, @ErikJenkins, thanks for the explanation re: tapered bits. I really appreciate everyone here sharing.

2 Likes

actually have some New Niagara Carbide Titanium 4 flute End Mills I am looking to sell. I have 5 Niagara N85742 ( 3/4 x 2 1/4 x 5" long) and 4 of the Niagara N85730 (1/4). All 9 Are new and in their original cases.

1 Like

I really like that one. Any chance you could share the file please?

Sorry for the late reply… that was a whole bunch of random files that I cut back before you could contain multiple cuts into one easel file… I might go back and piece them together, but mostly it was just drawing up using easel and was relatively straight forward.