Engraving Bit

Not having any luck finding a 90 deg .03 flat tip engraving bit. Can anyone point me in the right direction or share a source of one you are using?

thanks.

Did a search for 1mm flat tip and this came up at the top of the list.

https://www.toolstoday.com/?source=adwordsCtools1dayGamanatool888nextday100610&ne_ppc_id=961261602&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI9ISrhJKq4AIVk7fACh2XfAssEAAYASAAEgJRy_D_BwE

Just curious what your project is that needs that specific bit?
We understand if you do not want to share.

Its a text on text project from Vectrics, Youtube Link

I will have to watch the video closely. I don’t understand the need for a specific flat top or any flat top for that matter.
However many V bits do have a flat tip and you should designate them as such when you can in Vectric. It will make a difference in the results.
Have you tried Easel Pro for text on text? The design part is simple. The tool path can be ineffecient but I think they have the bugs worked out.

Haven’t used Easel Pro because I have Vcarve Pro. The video is very interesting.

For engraving bits below .05" the tip is not going to last very long in any metal. In the past, I used a regular v-bit and entered the tip as .03" and engraved away with great results. A real flat tip will give you a better bottom though. You could try a .05" tip and enter it as .03" in v=carve - I have done this with success as well.

Just watched the video. Any regular V-bit will work. You can enter .03" or you can just choose “v-bit” which does not require you to enter a flat dimension.

Thanks for the advice, will try this when I can get out into the shop.