Engraving trophy plates

I’m engraving trophy plates on .7mm aluminium using a V-care 90-degree bit. I’m only carving fairly shallow at .1mm. The cut left a rough finish and stopped halfway through the job twice. I reckon I have two problems going on here, any clues would be very welcome

stopping mid job, was this at the same location? Could this be from the Z axis going too low and hitting a lower Z axis limit switch?
Is this your 3018 cnc?

If you open Machine Inspector (Press Ctrl+Shift+D) after it stops you may be able to see that the Status is “Alarm” and if it does say this, you can check a bit further down that page within the “console” section and there should be a line with an Alarm number, that number code gives a decent idea of the cause of the fault.

Thanks for answering so soon Seth, I’m not sure if it was the same position each time but will check if it does it again. My 3018 although updated is not fitted with limit switches.
Definitely will follow your advice with regard to Machine Inspector and Alarm.
Cheers Col

1 Like

Fixed this problem by starting over again from the start. Maybe I complicated everything and it sorted itself out the second time around. Thanks for your help Seth.
Cheers Col

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.