ESHAPEOKO Software problems (cutting in the wrong place) (SOLVED)

where do i change the grbl settings in easel?

sorry as you can tell I’m just started at cnc

Start easel and setup your machine, goto machine, setup your machine, shapeoko2, rail size, leadscrew and spindle, easel willl connect to your controller and install the default values. We know the number of steps will be wrong but that comes later.
When setting up you will be prompted to verify the direction of the XYZ motors, make sure your machine is in the middle of its travel, try it, yes or no, correct when needed.
After setting up we have to modify the number of steps per mm as your pulleys and ACME spindle differ from the ShapeOko2 standards. Goto Machine, Advanced, Machine inspector, here you see all your settings in grbl installed by easel.
With the command $100=32.16 enter you change the value for X and $101=32.16 for Y
I guess $102=200 should work for your ACME rod
Then go to Carve and see the jogging buttons, make sure avery axis is in the middle of its travel and jog 10mm in each direction.
As far as I know easel will not change these values unless you re-setup your machine.

do i have to input the new values then re set it up or re set it up then input new values?

ill be home in a bit ill try this and report back :slight_smile: thank you very much!

set it up loads the defauls, then you alter the values
re-setting it up deletes all input

Erik thank you so much for you’re help everything seems to be moving and doing what i want i did however change the settings to these $100=80.000 $101=80.000 $102=800.000 but i couldn’t have done it with you’re help thanks again

i hope my machine stays like this its great fun!!!

atb Dan

Great to hear that, seems that your pulleys are 20 teeth after all and the Gaups microstepping prescalers are higher than the compatible values. You problably use 16 instead of 8 for X and Y and 8 for Z instead of 2. It is advisable to correct that now everything runs ok.

So now it is time to enjoy your machine, we’ll look out to your project pictures

Sorry Erik do i need to change somthing