Estimated easel depth cuts deeper

Material depths are equal according to easel, but the machine is cutting more than it is defined. I have chosen the right ACME rod, but still can’t find a solution. The tabs are never carved and the progress is only 60%. Can anybody help? Just happened tonight…

How long have you had your X-Carve, and have you made any changes recently? New spindle?

It may be due to lost Z axis steps or improper Z axis calibration, you could check the calibration if you can measure how far it travels when you tell it to go a certain distance.

May also be the bit slipping down out of the collet, or material being pulled upward. Check your collet for dust/dirt, make sure it’s tight, and make sure you have a good way to clamp large thin materials (double-sided tape works well).

@RobertA_Rieke I’ve had the X Carve since last September and it has been a lot of fun! I am trying now readjusting the bit, as indeed, I had lowered way too much. Thank you! I’ll let you know if that did the trick.

1 Like

@RobertA_Rieke Yep. That was it. The bit was too low. Now the depth of cut is correct. Thanks!

1 Like