Export for Client approval

So a feature I would find quite useful would be to be able to take the Detailed Preview and export that in a number of views to a PDF or image format. Losing the blue grid backing and the main control panels of easel. A inbedded 3D model in the PDF would be excellent.

This could then be sent to clients for approval of designs quickly

Currently i have to screen grab and then crop down and it still leaves the blue grid and takes time to move the model around to get the views i want.

2 Likes

I’ll second that. Currently using the snipping tool to accomplish this in windows.

1 Like

Saving the Preview as an image file (JPG or BMP, PNG) is an option in Vectrics V-Carve software. The image files can then be converted to PDF format with simple windows print tools…

2 Likes

yet another reason why i should be saving my pennies to by V-carve…

I do find easel is good for a quick and easy sign, but for client work these still need approval.

i sent this over to a client this morning which is what got me thinking.

But to get it i had to draw a square larger than the material size, set it to full depth and then move it to the back, change the outer cut to “without tabs”, Generate the detailed preview, print screen, drop in to MS paint, crop to size and then save it.

2 Likes

Just use the Snipping Tool feature in Windows. It will allow you to drag the mouse over anything on the screen and save it as png, jpg, and gif files. Really easy to use and I do it quite often when sharing Easel previews for customers.

1 Like

Cool thanks, never knew that was there. It will save a few processes.

I still think a proper export function would be good.

1 Like

On Mac the snippet tool = CMD+SHIFT+4

1 Like