F Engrave (FREE V CARVING) and 20° V bit info

phil, how do you save this and open it on easel?

these are hard to read they’re too small.

thank you sir.

1 Like

what font is this and did you get it?

google chrome does not support windows xp and vista?
i can not get the 3d view on the right side of easel.

after i did my set up and click carve i got this message.
“there is nothing to carve. there are no object in your design that can be carved with your current settings.”

i was going to carve all text.
but when i did the symbol and below it was text
and my bit is 1/8" it did the carve but it went too deeper than
i set it up.

so to use the 20° V bit it must be done on f-engrave then
import g-code to easel. what font was used on yours?

so, save it on f-engrave in a file and put it in the computer then import it in easel from the computer file/folder?
can an end ball mill bit use also on f-engrave?

A ball endmill can be used, just select it under Settings -> V-Carve Settings.

1 Like

This is documented as a known error in UGS but it’s also listed as fixed .
Are there any special characters in the comment line? That was also listed as triggering the error.

If you turn off the video progress indicator (Plot during v-varve calculation) it speeds up a fair amount.

Sorry for the throwback question: why did you change the header code?
Mine came with this but I’m not sure what it means:
G17 G64 P0.001 M3 S3000

I don’t know what a relay is… so I should change S3000? I’m trying to import into Easel.

I tried UGS but … should I add G28 into the Fengrave gcode after I set it using G28.1? I don’t have limit switches or a bump stop-- I use Charley’s touchplate to find the zero edge. After I home it’s going relative to the machine zero, I think, but I’m not sure how to fix it.

This is my initial code:
G90
G20
G17 M3 S3000

Thanks!

Thanks. I use a Dewalt router.

I did google it and read a bunch of articles about relays. I only have a very bare bones idea of how circuits work. So let me rephrase, I do not understand what a relay is for or if my xcarve has one (which I don’t think it does since Inventables sells them and I don’t remember installing one during assembly), especially in the context of generating and using gcode for my xcarve, even after doing some research and trying to figure it out.

I’m going to assume you were trying to be cheeky, but generally when I ask questions it’s because I’ve reached a point where I haven’t been able to figure it out on my own.