+f-engrave not responding

im trying hard to make it right.
on the inkscape text do i need to click path>>>obj-path; path>>>combine then save png
or just save as png after making the text?

thats why im stating that scorch to me to get the 1.62 new version.

no same as yours and i saved the config already.

ok pardon me

1 Like

SIGH!!!
it finally worked but i messed up and removed the popeye settings.

do i use the same settings for images as well like for the popeye et al,
and just adjust the height of it? how do i enter the size of the material i like to use?

No, that should be the same. It should only show up with arcs enabled.

1 Like

phil, you and scorch solved me problem with f-engrave and inkscape. many thanx for your time and patience with me in walking me through this.

this .040 depth for the image for the deepest part is good enough as i have seen in the popeye vcarving.
our settings for the text depth should be good?

1 Like

phil, i got another questions.

1- in inkscape should i always use Show Page Border or i can remove the border?
2- on easel it looks like the letter S is missing on the WORKS. will it carve it?
excuse the other image i had it offset to show it better.

i thought save as png for fengrave?
then save as gcode to open in easel.

you have a website for a gcode simulator?

save as png from inkscape

i also did save as optimized svg

is it alright with you if we do the team viewer and schedule when?

This my very first post here on inventables. : )
Just thought I would bump and old thread rather than create a new one.
I love F-Engrave, love it’s simplicity because I’m new to this stuff. Just built my own CNC router and it’s working great.
But…
For the last several day’s I’m getting a black screen in F-Engrave when trying to "Calc V Carve"
Here’s where it gets interesting, (to me anyway, I wrote software for 35+ years, now retired)
When I first calc V carve, it takes a while, 2 minutes or so, then displays the path as expected, everything is fine.
However, if I do ANYTHING with the F-Engrave application window, such as minimize, resize, move, or switch to another application, the plot screen goes black and never recovers. I have let it run for over a hour.
If I open windows task manager and watch it run, F-Engrave is typically 50% of the CPU, when I manage to minimize the F-Engrave window, after several seconds the CPU rate falls to 0%, when I restore the F-Engrave application window the CPU goes back to 50% and remains there forever, the plot screen remains black.
As a programmer, it appears to me that F-Engrave is unable to refresh/redraw the screen, it seems to be loosing “focus” over and over and over for ever.
I have used F-Engrave for engraving successfully, but v carving isn’t working at all.
I have followed the tutorial instructions exactly, many times!
https://www.scorchworks.com/Fengrave/F-engrave_tutorial.htm
My computer…
Windows 10, older Dell Laptop, 1.4ghz CPU, works great, basic windows 10 laptop with no special tweaks or anything.
Why am I posting this? Just curious if anyone else has had this issue?
Thanks, Bill

Never seen anything like that.
Can you send me you file, and maybe some details on your settings? I’ll try it out here.

Neil, I think tomorrow I will make a video of the behavior and put it up on youtube, hopefully the video showing with task manager running and how it F-Engrave goes black when I leave the F-Engrave application window.
I will get all my setup info also, maybe I’ll save and include an F-Engrave settings file if I can.

The file I’m working with…
I’m new here, hopefully the DXF file I’m trying to v carve gets attached here.

D4T6l-liverpool-fc-football-club-premier-league-logo.dxf (574.1 KB)

1 Like

Follow up on my F-Engrave software black screen problem.
Problem solved…kinda
I installed F-Engrave onto another laptop and F-Engrave seems to work as it should.
So, I can only assume there is something odd with my old laptop and not with F-Engrave.
At least I have a workaround for now.
If I do figure out why it wont run correctly on the first laptop I’ll share what I found here.
Bill

1 Like