Fan ramps up and down in RPMs?

Well I posted this in the other thread but They have the complete list of parts that I ordered and I have spoken to them on the phone twice why did they not say anything about having a 48v power supply when the parts I ordered need to run at 24v?

I can’t answer that. They must not have realized that you were trying to run the gShield with the 48 volt power supply.

They sell a 48 volt power supply to run the Quiet Cut spindle so maybe they thought that was what you were using the 48 volt power supply on.

Well now it is all making sense. I did order the quiet cut spindle at first but when I spoke with tech support and told them i would be cutting aluminum they suggested going over to the dewalt 611 so I traded out.

But here is a question, If I had stayed with the quiet cut then I still would have had the 48v power supply and been directly wired into the Arduino so what would have been different about the hook up?

No. If you use the Quiet Cut spindle you need both supplies. A 24 volt supply and a 48 volt power supply. The hookup is different using the Quiet Cut spindle.

The 24 volt supply runs the fan and gShield.

The 48 volt supply runs the spindle.

OK thanks Larry, I had no idea so all I need is to send back the 48v and get a 24v. So I likely also need a new gShield, what about the Arduino do I need a new one as well?

The Arduino might still be good. I would see if you can get it working before you call. What time zone are you in? and how long do you have to work on it tonight?

I am EST, heading off to bed will take it up in the morning, but if you have any suggestions to test let me know and I will try it when I get up.

thank you you have been a great help!

Ok, I’m EST as well.

I can check here between 7 and 8 am. Then I’m working tomorrow until about 1:00 PM.

Try to reload the Arduino driver in Windows and see if you can get the Arduino to show up in the device manager. We have to get that working first.