Feature Request: New Project Defaults

I’d love the ability to have pre-set project settings when creating a project.

For instance I usually change all of these parameters when creating a new project:

Material, height, length, thickness
Roughing Bit
Detailing Bit
Safety Height
V-Carve Stepover %

I’d even go as far as to say it would be fantastic to be able to apply 1 to many preset configurations to the workpiece. Similar to how the toolbox works but on a more global scale.

3 Likes

I’d love for the safety height to be for all projects if it is to be a “machine setting”.
I hate setting it and forgetting that it is only for the current project.
Ideally having all these workpeice (not really “machine”) settings in a single location that is quick to check before one goes and messes up tools, fixtures, and products.

As I have pined for months, there are a bunch of GUI improvements that could be made that would make using Easel for more than “just a hobby” an actual tool of production.

I’m willing to take a day off my engineering job, drive the 3 hrs from Indy to Chicago, and sit down with somebody at Inventables for a day. You don’t even have to pay or feed me, just listen and begin to implement. The time saved in frustration for the next 100 carves would be well worth my time, gas, and money.

Ha, if you end up going in, let me know! I’d love to go in as well, though it’s only a 1.5 hour drive for me :slight_smile: