Fed up with ineventables Targeted Spam

For the past month I have done everything to stop seeing the ads from Inventables. I own a x-carve I don’t want to buy another one. Yet this ad is on every page on 1/2 the websites I visit. Inventables is getting very ripped off, or they have a unlimited budget. No matter how much you try to opt-out it never happens. So from this point forward I intend to click the paid ad to cost this company money. These ads are served by the adroll group. Just clicked on another.

it’s just an ad crawler. Most likely it’s google querying what you search for. If it concerns you that much, install AdBlocker.

2 Likes

This is a function of your browser and the ad software that is running on the sites you are seeing. All Inventables does is buy ad time and space, which due to your browsing habits, is being directed to you.

1 Like

score one for adblock >.>

PS
clicking on the ads doesn’t hurt the company that made the ad really, they tend to pay in bulk, it does however help whatever site you’re on, which can encourage them to keep using shady ad services.

1 Like

thats not how ads work.

1 Like

You are funny. Remove the cookies that your browser has stored. Problem solved.

That isn’t necessarily how that works any longer. That is true for some advertisers; however, If you’re dealing with google adsense, for instance, or many other advertisers, they track you via your IP. You can clear your cookies, but since the data is stored remotely, and not locally, it doesn’t have any effect. Participating vendors store and share data to some advertisers. For instance, when you fill out a form that includes your e-mail just to see what the shipping or final price would be at some random vendor, that information is sometimes transferred and sold in batches (even if you didn’t complete an order, just merely entered info in). In some cases, you don’t even have to click a button to send data. There are vendors that actually monitor field inputs (ie: text, mouse movements, etc.) real-time to see what their customers are doing or clicking on to better understand their buying practices and how they can increase sales. It can be pretty interesting how they mine that data.

The best I found to eliminate 99% of the tracking is to use Privacy Badger with Chrome.

That said, it can reek havoc on some websites and will need to be tweaked as needed.

I, too, see the ads just about everywhere I go. Not popping up, but in the margins and such. They’ve become total white noise to me.

I have ublock origin installed. I’ve never been bothered by any ads, although it sounds like I would be very disappointed in easel/inventables if I turned it off. Sad state of affairs.

I do this for a living. The shady service adroll Inventables is using does not acknowledge the opt-out cookies. Yes Inventables is paying everytime someone clicks on their ad. That is how advertising works. Who would pay or put ads on their site unless it is being paid by someone. Targeted ads because I came to the website here. Again its not google, it is a company called “ADROLL” that is abusing the system. Inventables would be smart to stop paying them. They are being abused by them.