Got it figured out by talking to Mo. thank you

1 Like

Mo helped me fix it. Thanks!

1 Like

I created one using my old bicycle chain
Saw it from this website

2 Likes

THat is pretty cool

My first. Laser cut from Cherry wood - clear lacquer finish. I still have bearing caps to laser cut and glue in place.

5 Likes

These are some awesome ideas. My kids love these things and would love to try some of the ones you guys have madeā€¦very impressed!

1 Like

Iā€™m just looking for a cheap fidget spinner for one of my kids and I to see if we want to build some of these from home. Does anyone have a good and cheap suggestion? I saw this holisouse one here and here but not sure if itā€™s actually any goodā€¦ $10 doesnā€™t seem like a lot to spend - wanting something preferably with ceramic bearings. Suggestions?

Easel has a fidget spinner app to help make your own

1 Like

My home area has finally caught up with the craze and the schools are full of them. I sense a ban incoming before long.

1 Like

With the exception of the kids that really need these, teachers despise them.

1 Like

It has been in the news in the twin cities (MN) area lately. It seems when ever there is a new fad, positive or negative , school adminā€™s are always quick to stomp it out claiming itā€™s a distraction to the learning process.
Many kids learn in a non conventional fashion. My oldest is on the autism scale with Aspergers syndrome and one of his traits is he is able to out think a calculator on math problems, and was able to out think his math teacher too, but he couldnā€™t put his process on paper to show his work so he always got stuck with low grades. Something like a fidget spinner would have served him well back then. (heā€™s 29 now).
Some kids are appropriately getting special I.E.P provisions to allow them to have fidget spinners to help them concentrate in class. This is something that crossed my mind when the spinner concept first showed up here on the forum.

Iā€™ve spoken with a couple of teachers who both expressed similar issues with them. Typical kids stuff; some arguments over them, a little theft here and there and of course them spinning constantly during classes.

Soon there will be a Fidget Spinner app and they can all get back to their phones :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where do you guys buy the Lights that fit into the 608 bearing holes? Iā€™d like to buy them but cant find them on aliexpress or banggood or alibaba

http://www.modeltrainsoftware.com They have a nice selection of LED lights, connectors and battery hubs. --Tony

the 7/11 here sold out in a week. They moved 800 dollars in one week.
Very impressive.
Gives me tons of ideas.

Yeah the only issue is now they sell them for $5-$10. after the cost of a decent center bearing, can any money actually be made for the time they take to make?

https://youtu.be/Ythsq4teIxI here is a video I made on how to make your fidget spinners spin ALOT longer and faster!!!

I donā€™t see why people are banning these spinners, itā€™s a fun toy that kids like.

Regarding to making my own spinners, yeah I have made plenty myself actually. I document all my ā€œadventuresā€ on my blog over at http://fidgetexpert.com/. If youā€™re interested in DIY spinners you should definitely check it out. I have guides for 3D printing and much more.

Take care :slight_smile:

The lazy mans versionā€¦ just add zip tiesā€¦ actually works pretty good lol

1 Like

I was contacted by a Chinese manufacturer that wanted to sell them to me for $0.80 each. I canā€™t compete on price at that level so Iā€™m moving my personal production to more unique designs and custom ones.

The standard 3 arm 4 bearing style are essentially commodities so Iā€™m finding the kids like having unique ones like we had in the Maker Challenge.

2 Likes