File Categories OR Larger Name Display, AND Untitled Files

Yes yes and also yes.

I suggest that file selection be done in a full-frame overlay instead of a 1/4 frame pullout as we see now.
File selection is a full-attention item. If a user opens that panel, the intention is that they want to open a file. It’s not something they interact with momentarily and then go back to the main work area from.
Making it a full-size overlay gives the real estate to allow for full file names, and perhaps a more robust directory tree structure.

Regarding exporting Easel files, I believe the question was asked “What type of file should Easel export?” I think a better question is "How does Easel save the files remotely now? Can we just have local copies of that? It’s not as though we’re expecting cross-software compatibility or anything. All I want is to be able to save my Easel files (however they’re structured) locally to my computer, in such a way that I can organize them to my liking and load them back into Easel when I so choose. The onus is on the user (me) to determine how (or if) to sync my files on the server or at home. That way users can have both. Easel can work just like it does now, but with the option to save a project locally for those who want it.

2 Likes