Filling a shape with a pattern

Is there any way to fill in a shape with a pattern? Unsuccessful at figuring this out in Easel. Thank you.

Just make your shape and set it for an outside cut which should open the middle for you to paste your pattern in it.Then size to what you need.

Thank you but the patterns are in a tile like form and how would you place that within something like a circle? The pattern exceeds the outside of the circle.

Add a ring around the circle and set that to zero depth to cover up the excess pattern.
Alternatively, use a graphic design programs, like Inkscape, to make the design.
If you share the design or the Easel project, I can show you.

1 Like

Here is an example. Start from left and move right and you can see what I did.

1. Workpiece 1 - Added some pattern
  2. Workpiece 2 - Added a rectangle with depth larger than the pattern
    Added circle (centered on Workpiece 1 corrdinates) with Zero-Depth
  3. Workpiece 3 - Combined rectangle and circle; This give us our viewport
  4. Workpiece 4 - Added pattern from Workpiece 1 and rectangle viewport from Workpiece 3
    Changed the rectangle viewport to Zero-Depth
  5. Workpiece 5 - Combined rectangle viewport and pattern removing everything outside of the viewport, but within the rectangle
  6. Workpiece 6 - Final piece: Has the viewport pattern created from Workpiece 5 with a circular outline cutout surrounding it.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

This is awesome, thank you so much !!!

1 Like

No problem; I am glad it works and hope it makes sense! :grin:

{:0)

Brandon Parker

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.