FINALLY up and running!

Yeah, just the test carve but man it felt great to watch it run finally! Already have a few things friends are asking me to carve too. My only problem is the 3D preview won’t show. Apparently my graphics card won’t support web gl. I’m planning on getting a new laptop but it may be a few weeks. Until then I’ll just play around with some simple stuff.

8 Likes

I usually minimize the 3d preview anyway, although it was nice to have at first. It’s funny, sometimes mine quits working, then the next time it works just fine. Once you get comfortable with the machine, I’d bet you’ll be more likely to minimize the preview screen to give you a better look at the work space

2 Likes

That’s good to hear. I still have A LOT to learn! Kind of comparing it to the GIS software i used to use, seems overwhelming at first but once you get to messing with it hands on its fun and not so bad. Hopefully I’ll get vCarve desktop by the end of the summer.

mine is a 32bit, and it works occasionally.

It more of a browser support issue. On Firefox I have minimal issues.

1 Like

Firefox is what I’m using. I was planning on giving it a try on other browsers tonight but if I doesn’t work, oh well.

I use a 8 year old Mac Mini; preview works every time, all the time. :wink:

1 Like

One thing I wish for is a much higher quality preview.

1 Like

It is perfect result, first try, clean cut. I’m watching here all first carves all the time. Believe me you are the winner. (You should’ve see my first test. I erased quickly)
Welcome Brian.

1 Like

Congrats - Nice first cuts. The X-carve is just a blast to use and, like you, I have to decide between what I want to work on and what my friends and relatives are clamoring for!

3D is working for me with Mac Pro - Sierra OS and with latest Win 10 on a Lenovo Helix. I agree with PhantommFangs that a higher res preview would be helpful and being able to freely orbit about the view would be a nice addition.

Keep up the great work…hope to see some more project posts soon.

2 Likes

Thanks for the kind words! This thing is a blast! I had wanted one for a year or so, and was in the process of saving for a scope for a rifle. Got the scope after seeing they give me a LEO discount. Then realized I could have actually got the machine, so sold the scope and put long range rifle comps on hold lol. I’m looking forward to getting vCarve in the next couple months and playing with 3D stuff. I’ve made small furniture and have a FB for distressed flags I’ve made, adding the CNC work to it soon.

This was the first test on converting a JPEG to vector and cleaning it up a small bit in Inkscape!

1 Like