Finding Objects in Design Library

If I type a word in the search box of the design library (like “Mountain”) it only shows me about 1 page of results. But if I go to one of the topical links (like “Nature”) there are clearly MANY MORE elements that are mountains.

Scrolling endlessly through a LONG list like Nature is very difficult, because if you select a design to see what it looks like and don’t like it, then it takes you 5 minutes to scroll back to where you were again.

(1) Is there some way to see ALL the search results?

(2) Is there just not meta-data for all the design entries?

(3) is there some way to tag designs you like/want to find again (a personal library)?

Thanks!
– Shane

1 Like

Are you using Easel Pro. I just did a search for “mountains” and came up with 73 pages. Not all were actual mountains, there were bears, chairlifts, tress ect. But mostly mountains.

Yes; it shows the Pro icon in the upper left corner.

I also tried it in both Safari and Firefox on the Mac; same result in both of them – I only get one page of results, and it certainly isn’t all of the ones I can see if I just browse through the pre-ordained categories. :frowning:

Hi Shane,

I’m sorry you’re having trouble with the pro design library. When you search for “mountain” you should see many, many results by as you scroll down. I’m also using Firefox on Mac and I am not able to recreate your problem. I made a screen recording of what I see:

pro-design-mountain

Would it be possible for you to make a screen recording of the problem and/or open your javascript console and share a screenshot of any red error messages that appear?

Jeff

Hi Jeff –
I’ve done a screen capture and attach it here. This is in Safari (14.0.3). Interestingly, as you can see in the movie, I get the bad behavior when I simply open the design library. But if I open the Javascript console, the design library WORKS while the console is open! If I close the console, it goes back to the bad behavior! Whaaaaaat? Ghosts in the machine…

I can’t seem to get the file small enough to embed it here, so here is a link to the full rez movie on my Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1OwuvedEX2ANuAVeP8dJ5f25ShFRMfQMz/view?usp=sharing

Any idea or help is appreciated!
Clear skies,
– Shane

Hi Shane,

Thanks so much for taking the time to send the screen recording. It appears the problem is related to the height of your window. If the window height is greater than around 1250px, then the scrolling breaks. What is happening when you open the javascript console is that it is effectively making your Easel window shorter than 1250px in height.

I will open an issue in our ticketing system and we will work on fixing this.

Awesome – that is very helpful, thank you Jeff!

Stupid big monitors! :smiley:

Back to carving.
Clear skies,
– Shane

is there some way to tag designs you like/want to find again (a personal library)? This is a question I have also… it’s very frustrating looking at an icon and having to scroll again when returning and also not being able to find icons I have used before. Is there a simple solution for this? Thank you

Hi Jake,

There currently isn’t a way to bookmark designs or save them into a personal library, but I think this is a good suggestion and I’ve passed it along to our product team.

I just reported another help ticket for this, thought I was going insane that Inventables had drastically reduced the amount of images in the design library, until I moved my chrome window to my smaller screen and it let me scroll again. This is not fixed yet.

This topic was automatically closed after 90 days. New replies are no longer allowed.