Finishing pass losing position and

Hey guys I did my first 3d carve and the roughing pass went perfect however when I try to do the finishing pass it lost its spot and goes to the complete opposite side of the work area to start like instead of starting in the front left it goes to the back right and then when I try to home or jog it says the machine is locked out of nowhere… any suggestions on why this happened

1 Like

What model cnc is this?
And during the bitt swap was the gantry moved by hand at all?

No I was very cautious not to move anything other than the tool when changed and it is a millright mega v xl i also just tried to run it on open builds with a similar outcome except for some reason in open builds it hit a limit switch

1 Like

I am going to attempt it again today and video it if it does it again hopefully it was just a fluke or something I’m missing

1 Like

Ok so I attempted it again and it didn’t lose its position this time thank god so I dnt know what the deal was

1 Like

Hi Chad, just check the position of your cables, especially the USB to make sure there’s no electrical interference possibility - and consider shielded usb cables with ferrite cores.

Also some others have reported issues with old surge protectors that are past their prime.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.