First Multi Level 2 bit carve

I wanted to try the multi layer carve, Easel did take a long time going back and forth. This picture was taken when I got done, no sanding. It’s 7.25 X 24”. I will cut it down to 22”. It took 4 hours, 1/4” 2 flute spiral bit and a 90 degree Diablo bit.

17 Likes

Amazing… :clap::clap:

1 Like

That came out great!

2 Likes

Looks great Russel!
How will you finish it?

1 Like

Thank you, Not sure yet but I was thinking about staining it different color stains. I have seen a few on this forum and also pinterest.

2 Likes

Came out real nice Russel!

1 Like

Looks good Russell. Would like to see it when you get the finish on. I have been thinking of making one but just a bit afraid of the finish work.

1 Like

Thanks, I will post a picture when done.
Russell

That looks amazing. Well done

1 Like

If you don’t mind me asking, what program did you use to create it?

I used CorelDraw to design it. Saved it as an SVG then imported it into Easel.

I sanded it last night and put on a coat of wood conditioner. I spent about 30 minutes sanding. I used some small pieces of wood and a sanding block from harbor freight, that sanding block worked great for getting into the small areas. Going to try some stain tonight.

9 Likes

That looks really nice.

1 Like

that came out nice, good job.

1 Like

That came out nice! I tried doing something similar but with I my a straight upcut bit. This looks so much nicer.

1 Like

Using the 90 degree bit makes it look nice. I tried to stain it…but that’s a work in progress :grin:

did you use a pocket or vcarve toolpath on those letters?

1 Like

I used a 1/4" bit for the rough pass and then a 90 degree for the detail

1 Like

Thank you Russel and GREAT job!!!

1 Like

Hi Russel; what are the 2 font styles you use. Such Nice Work!!!

1 Like