First run fail calibration - Z axis reversed

It should also be mentioned that those running high dpi settings cannot use easel as it does not reformat the page and half the UI runs off the page.

First calibration last night. All axis were reversed so I flipped the green and black wires opposite of the assembly instructions for each axis. Disabled the limit switches because the X and Y limit switches didn’t work, I’ll trouble shoot that today. First carve was a success and that made me happy.

Well that’s at least four different people reporting the wiring diagram in the assembly instructions is incorrect.

Hey guys, I’ve added this issue to our bug tracker so we can start investigating (this is the first I’ve heard of this issue).

2 Likes

I had the same issue that all movements on all axis are reversed. I used easel’s “reverse” rather than re-wiring because I followed the directions on their site TWICE and still everything was reversed. Are you guys saying to change this via wiring all I have to do is swap BLACK and GREEN.

Also, I put in a ticket to Inventables … in fact I might have done 2 of them and I am still waiting for any response. Thank goodness for an active forum and all of you.

I would prefer to have remedied the situation via software, but that’s assuming the wiring diagram was in fact correct. Since I was unable to proceed past the homing steps, and the reverse feature was not working, I did in fact reverse every green/black wire. That’s assuming every axis is reversed on your machine.

That’s not the purpose of the discussion. The purpose of the discussion is for Inventables to be aware of a situation many new customers are finding themselves in. Most notably, the fact the axes are reversed and the built-in failsafe is not functioning. Certainly Inventables does not want new customers having to fall back on user generated content to resolve issues right out of the gate.

You appear to be under the presumption the wiring is correct, which contradicts the factory installed grbl settings. Once Inventables lets us know, the best method will be self-evident - which at the moment could be both rewiring or software.

Inventables has stated in a different thread they’re working on this.

It is probably a combination of both.

1 Like

That sounds like the most logical solution.

I was talking about the software the product came with (and the reverse button in the initial setup). It’s wasn’t about you, Phil.

I wonder if it has something to do with the Amazon servers they mentioned in that bulletin?

Phil is sensitive! Don’t make him cry. :cry:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Quick update, we just deployed a fix for this which is now live!

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Eric

1 Like

And, this is the part where the fat lady sings. It’s over.

Sarcasm at it’s best. :triumph:

1 Like

Hey guys, this is my first post ever, and I am beyond a newb. so please be patient.

I turned my x carve on last night for the very first time after assembly. During the setup process everything was moving in the opposite direction it should so I followed the steps to correct the direction at that step and it worked. Now during the homing calibration segment the Z axis moved correctly (the second attempt, the first attempt it plunged down before I could stop it it cracked my never used suck it dust boot). but the X and Y still moved in the wrong direction during the homing (back right corner where there isn’t a limit switch).

It was late, I went to bed I am going to get back into it tonight, any suggestions at this point (it looks like the problem was resolved for most people already)?

Thanks

@PhilJohnson Thank you very much! I will try this when I get home this evening.

1 Like

Where can the fix for this be found? I just setup my new X Carve and started the calibration last night. All my Axis were moving in the wrong direction as well. As a result my Z axis went so far down to the waste board that it stripped out the Pully on the Acme screw rod. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a noobie and quite frustrated at this point.

I wasn’t jogging. When doing the jogging I did tell it that they were going in the reversed direction. However, next step is to calibrate the homing switches. It starts with the Z axis. Apparently the step to write the code to reverse the direction did not save. The Z Axis went down to the waste board before I could stop it. Therefore it bottomed out and tried to keep going, striping out the pully. It has been built for 3 days.

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I think the pully can be salvaged. I am going to get some Blue Loctite at the hardware store after work and try that. I was able to tighten the set screws and recheck. It did move upwards but did not even get close to the homing switch on the Z axis before the set screws stopped holding. Thank you again Phil for the help.

1 Like