First run fail calibration - Z axis reversed

I wonder if it has something to do with the Amazon servers they mentioned in that bulletin?

Phil is sensitive! Don’t make him cry. :cry:

1 Like

Hey everyone,

Quick update, we just deployed a fix for this which is now live!

Let us know if you are still having issues.

Eric

1 Like

And, this is the part where the fat lady sings. It’s over.

Sarcasm at it’s best. :triumph:

1 Like

Hey guys, this is my first post ever, and I am beyond a newb. so please be patient.

I turned my x carve on last night for the very first time after assembly. During the setup process everything was moving in the opposite direction it should so I followed the steps to correct the direction at that step and it worked. Now during the homing calibration segment the Z axis moved correctly (the second attempt, the first attempt it plunged down before I could stop it it cracked my never used suck it dust boot). but the X and Y still moved in the wrong direction during the homing (back right corner where there isn’t a limit switch).

It was late, I went to bed I am going to get back into it tonight, any suggestions at this point (it looks like the problem was resolved for most people already)?

Thanks

@PhilJohnson Thank you very much! I will try this when I get home this evening.

1 Like

Where can the fix for this be found? I just setup my new X Carve and started the calibration last night. All my Axis were moving in the wrong direction as well. As a result my Z axis went so far down to the waste board that it stripped out the Pully on the Acme screw rod. Any help will be greatly appreciated as I am a noobie and quite frustrated at this point.

I wasn’t jogging. When doing the jogging I did tell it that they were going in the reversed direction. However, next step is to calibrate the homing switches. It starts with the Z axis. Apparently the step to write the code to reverse the direction did not save. The Z Axis went down to the waste board before I could stop it. Therefore it bottomed out and tried to keep going, striping out the pully. It has been built for 3 days.

1 Like

Thanks Phil. I think the pully can be salvaged. I am going to get some Blue Loctite at the hardware store after work and try that. I was able to tighten the set screws and recheck. It did move upwards but did not even get close to the homing switch on the Z axis before the set screws stopped holding. Thank you again Phil for the help.

1 Like