First Sign/Project HELP!

http://easel.inventables.com/projects/OSRUX8YoMYz8ADH_SXaJuw

Working on first project to thank my daughter for the gift.
I am trying to reduce down cutting time. Is there a way to easily use 3 bits, 1/4. 1/8, and 1/16?

1/4 to excavate the background
1/8 to start the text
1/16 to detail text.

Not really with Easel. Did you choose the depths of the objects for a specific reason? If you want to maintain the depth affect you can make the depth of the text all 0" and reduce the square depth to something like 0.1" and reduce the cutting time by quite a bit.

Easel only support two stage carve, to use three you can fudge it by copying the project as a new work piece and utilize a third tool there.

However, to cut down carve time, at least for the roughing part - increasing step over from Easel default 40% to like 75-80% will help.

Experimenting with your tool and Xcarve to see what it comfortably can take, and use that data to reduce carve time may be worth the hassle. Easel carve rates are conservative and safe.
I´d try to bump up the feed rate from 40 to 55ish assuming a 2flute bit for the 1/8. Depth per pass also for 1/4 and 1/8 bit.

increasing step over from Easel default 40% to like 75-80% will help.

Does this mean the amount the mill moves to start the next cut? If so, how is the adjustment made?

Menu - ->Machine ->Advance
Easel clip 1

1 Like

Thanks David.

Skip…

Thanks MechanicalGoose.

No particular reason for depths. Just learning…

Skip…

1 Like