Folding cabinet, full enclosure with dust collection and other cool stuff!

It’s recycled rubber (old tyres??). Very heavy, and smells very bad …::confused:

1 Like

As long as it works. I can probably get my hands on some old horse mats from my trainer. Those should work and I never thought of it before. Thanks.
The mats are from old tires. or recycled rubber and are free for me. :smiley:

Amazing work and finishing! I love they way it folds and can be put aside when not used.

Good advice! Thinking about it again, i don’t know why i didn’t think about it , seems so obvious after all… Will try that this week-end and let you know if it works.

Thank you for the kind comment. Many times during the making on this cabinet, i thought “isn’t it a bit too much for just a CNC table?” But now, i am glad and quite proud of the result. When i started the project, i had several main features that i absolutely wanted for this thing; first was to make the whole cabinet to fold back when not in use, to reduce it’s footprint and space needed in the “future” workshop. second was to make something pleasant to the eye, and “user friendly”. Like many people on this forum i guess, i loved and practiced traditional woodworking long before knowing anything about CNC world. And even if the guys from inventables make things easy for us to discover this new way of making wooden creations (easel software for example), a CNC is still a “strange” tool to me (i’m not a geek or a tekky at all, don’t even own a smartphone, can you believe that???) . For a newby, the ammount of knowledge involved in the use of a CNC, from electronics to CAD/CAM software can be very scary; i must admit that i took my time working on this cabinet,constantly adding new features and accessories over the months, knowing that when i would finish it, i would need to "jump from the cliff " and finally get to the point where i have no choice but to get started with using it, and learning how CNC’s REALLY work.

1 Like

Thank you for the kind comment!

That will be the big step for you then :slight_smile: It reminds me thing when I was building a one of the firsts laser on studies. I wanted to make it perfect because I was afraid nobody will buy it. It took me so much time that new diodes on the market showed up and the module I built was already useless haha
But you are in a different position now you clearly have somethign to work with. Thanks to Easel you mentioned the start will be much easier for you!

Both an exceptional cabinet and woodworking! :slight_smile:

An impressive project, wish I had the space to build one for my X-Carve.

very nicely done wish you luck with it

Please do share. :smiley: