Inventables Community Forum

Font Inlay Generator

Thought Id put this out there as last week inlay generator seemed to be working fine. However Ive been having issues with fitment but more importantly when I try to generate from a “PRO” text font, it shows correctly, but when imported it shows both pieces as “clear pocket”. Imports the standard fonts correctly. then to throw a wrench into the mix, A piece I created and saved which was just a G in the almendra font still works but if I create the same g in the same font it wont generate correctly. Thanks.

Hey Richard, that’s weird. Feel free to reach out to help@inventables.com so we can help you dial in the solution.

Was this resolved? I am having the same issue.

No, I did receive a message from inventables stating they have heard about it and are working to resolve. They suggested using a different font.

Do I have any options if I have already cut the lettering and just noticed this after setting up the inlay portion? I have been using inlay generator without any problems and then just added a font and saw this. My original peice is carved but when setting up the inlay is when I noticed this was not working.

Have you tried converting the font to a path?

You can try changing the correct one to the correct setting however i still had some size issues and needed to fit by hand. I know what you`re going through. its really weird because I still had a single letter saved and it still generates correctly but if I use the same font and letter but new it wont work. Really sucks when halfway done with a project and cant continue.

Is there not a fix for this yet? I’ve tried at least 3 different fonts with no luck

So far no additional word from inventables. Other than using a different font. It seems all the non PRO fonts still work. However I have not found any of the PRO that work. Ive tried everything I can think of so for now Im just using the standard fonts