Font measurements and Centering

Hoping someone can help me see what I am missing. I was trying to center the word “lake” over a depth cut and it seemed to look as if it wasn’t centering correctly. So I started looking over my measurements and noticed that the length on the font was at 26’’ ( where I set it ) but was not working out like that( reference pictures). Its actually showing up at less than 25. So its centering on the measurement of 26" but with an actual 24 and some change. What I am missing??? If you’ll notice that the darker cut is showing up at exactly the measurement I have entered.

1 Like

It is measured from your bonding box that surronds the word. If you want the text to be 26" long make a 26" rectangual and size the text to it.

2 Likes

Ahhhh! not measuring from the piece but rather the first depth cut. Thank you for that bit of help. Makes sense when you step back and look at it like that. Had me stumped. Thank you again.

2 Likes

Yes, but the trick around this is to change it from an Editable Text to a Noded Vector design.

You can do this by Adding a shape, setting that shape off to the side (away from the text) setting that shape to a depth of 0, then select the shape and your text, right click and select “combine” now your text has been converted to a noded vector and the bounding box is tight around the outside and the proper size is reflected in the height and width values.
However now the text is not easily edited, you can’t just type new letters in or simply delete letter off… .

1 Like

Thanks Seth, another very cool thing to learn and know. I just tried it and it works great.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.