Font SVG files from Inkscape

Hey guys,
Total newbie here and looking for some assistance with getting a different font style over to easel.
I have tried numerous ways in Inkscape with saving as all types of SVG files with no success.
I have also tried to import to www.markercam.com however this does not work either.
I have done a test and can create a shape in Inkscape which will import to www.makercam.com or easel however if I add any text to it it only imports the shape with no text.
If i try and import the text only after saving as numerous SVG files I keep getting this message:

Adobe Illustrator Select all objects and select Object → Expand
Inkscape Select all objects and use the keyboard command Ctrl+Shift+C
Corel Draw In the SVG Export dialog, in the section called “Export Text” make sure “As Curves” is the selected option (not “As Text”). Thanks to forum user ChetKloss for this tip.
Other programs You need to convert your text into paths, which means making it un-editable as text. If there is an equivalent to ‘Create Outlines’ or ‘Expand’, that is what you are looking for.

However the ‘Inkscape Select all objects and use the keyboard command Ctrl+Shift+C’ option does nothing either.

I am going grey here and need a drink, please help :slight_smile:

Share an SVG giving you trouble… What you are trying to do is a pretty common workflow.

1 Like

You need to convert the type to paths — in Inkscape this is Path | Object to Path

1 Like

It’s driving me to drink lol but I think I figured it out :grinning:

Just figured that out only 5 mins ago so thank you :grinning: