Forum Login Freakout

both yesterday and today when opening the inventables forum directly by link to Inventables Community Forum I’ve been forced to re-login (previously not an issue, I keep cookies for this site), and upon doing so I’m forced to “confirm my account”. yesterday I though maybe there was just a forced periodic update… but having experienced it again today I’m thinking there’s some sort of bug.

for the record, no software changes in the last week, nor new or changed plugins, not that any of those things should cause my account here to lose email validation, or login persistence

When I use different computers to access the forum I am always asked to log in on the new computer I’m using.

If I stay with the same computer the login seems to persist unless they do a web site update, or I log in from a different computer.

I think i saw somewhere that they were doing some updates to the site yesterday and that could have something to do with it.

same computer… weirder though was the first day because it sent 3 verification emails, and then did it again when I used a private window to confirm it… twice. ended up having to do it a third time and pasting the verifier into a public window.

@WayneHall
I saw that too but that was for Easel and was only supposed to prevent saving for a few minutes, and was at a different time.

Not sure what’s going on there. If you don’t use Easel then I would clear out your browser cache to see if that would fix it for you.

Can you please post a screen shot of it? I haven’t seen the screen you are speaking about.

if it repeats tomorrow will do.

1 Like

Update:
did not recur today… I have no idea what caused it, but the behavior was identical to having just created the forum account and it requiring email verification before posting.

1 Like

I don’t know what the issue was but we have recently added account verification for new users to cut down on the massive number of spam accounts created by bots.

1 Like

Problem is back…

seems linked to trying to go directly to the forums when the mainsite account has been automatically logged out.
currently forum resets when using the forum link in the header bar treating it as an unverified account.
additionally if the email verification link is done in a separate private window, it will also reset again when returning to the regular browsing window.

Same computer, same browser, same session, and cookies are preserved for both https://www.inventables.com and https://discuss.inventables.com