G Code commands supported by grbl v1.0c

What are the G Code comands supported by grbl v. 1.0c,?
when I check at GitHub they are not aware of the specific version for the x-carve

Why is the x-carve using s limited version of grbl??

Grbl 1.0 is an experimental / beta version which was so widely tested that v1.1 is being used for the new release, see:

List of G-codes supported by Grbl versions and discussions of their use at: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable — note that 1.0/1.1 don’t add any new commands if memory serves, so the new functionality is all tied in to the communication system and other low-level features.

v1.1 was released just a few weeks ago, and it dramatically changes the way in which communication / control programs interact with Grbl, which has required a lot of re-writing, and even more testing, esp. for programs which are widely used and depended upon.

List of free / opensource options here: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable — I believe Universal G-code Sender and bCNC have been updated for Grbl 1.1

1 Like

PicSender 2.5.7 also supports 1.1e.

2 Likes

Thanks for the good information,
If I do not want to use Easel, and only use 3rd party and Universal G-Code Sender, do I still need to use the special version for GRBL done by inventables (I think it is called fork)

I currently have GRBL 1.0c and when I send a G02 command from UGS i get an error, while github wiki says that G02 is supported.

my aim to use as much go G code commands possible through any sotware on the x-carve

Not sure what Inventables has done w/ their fork of Grbl — doubt that it’s much beyond setting defaults appropriately for their machine and software — nothing more should be necessary. They fund development and should be able to get any internals which they want.

Not understanding what you mean by

There isn’t really any software which directly allows that — I can’t think of anything for instance which directly supports the plane-switching commands for arcs, nor anything which uses G-code’s facility to move on a diagonal along the Z-plane — the communication / control app which exposes the most of G-code’s capabilities is bCNC. If you’re running Windows, you might find GrblGru of interest (linked from the front page of the Shapeoko wiki and available from: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable )

One or the other (or both) of them has integrated a G-code processor which makes directly writing G-code much less tedious than Grbl otherwise allows — Grbl is intentionally kept simple with the idea of only supporting the G-code which a CAM program will output – no support for loops, pointers, &c. Directing writing G-code and limiting oneself to what Grbl affords is an exercise in tedium: Shapeoko CNC Router, Rigid, Accurate, Reliable, and Affordable

There are specific rules for using G02. It does work with grbl 1.0c and UCGS ( I’m using version 1.0.9)

Just to see if it works on your machine bring up UCGS, use the $C command to prevent machine movement (just in case your machine is set up differently from mine), and send the following file to your machine.

It is a few random line drawings created with Vcarve PRO that I used for some arc testing.

Line Drawing.gcode (2.5 KB)

Thanks Larry,
it worked like a charm, and the G2 command executed as it should.
many many thanks

Thanks for the information and references, in the beginning everything is new and overwhelming, but I am getting the hang of it, still a steep learning curve ahead
Thanks a log