G Code import, Any additional header and footer info required?

Hey @EricDobroveanu

Is the header and footer info injected automatically by Carvey? or is it done by Easil?

I ask because if i import the code to Carvey by UGS for example, will i need to add the header and footer info you mention above? or is it done automatically by Carvey?

Thanks again!

Ben

Easel will inject the header and footer, not Carvey.

Also I can’t recommend using UGS for Carvey, its very easy to crash into the smart clamp and break it.

Also, please keep in mind that using UGS with Carvey will void your warranty.

For me I use

To turn on: S12500 M3

The S12500 is spindle speed…it doesn’t actually adjust speed, but is required to turn on the relay

To turn off: M5

1 Like

This is the complete header from a file I just cut

G17
G20
G0 Z0.5000
G0 X0.0000 Y0.0000 S12500 M3

Silly question…Are you using the regular g-shield and arduino? Is the switch on logic? Is the power switch on the router on?

shouldn’t matter…swap and see

None that I am aware of…

Has it ever worked? Is it wired correctly?

Try typing your header 1 line at a time (or copy and paste) into UGS and send the commands to the machine and see if you get an error on any line…I would change output to verbose.

1 Like

There is a setting in UGS to output verbose (more info) while it runs commands…I think it is just a check box.

I think the issue is the G64 command…but I have been wrong before :slight_smile:

1 Like

@PhilJohnson As mentioned by @EricDobroveanu I believe G64 and P0.001 is not supported in Easel’s Gcode import, or by GRBL.
Remove that from the F-Engrave configuration.
GRBL will reject the WHOLE LINE of code when it receives a command it does not like.

I gotcha, but grbl does not support G64.

1 Like

That chart is great, but like already stated, GRBL only supports what it supports. Not all CNC machines support all those codes.

1 Like

also remove the P0.001 as that goes with the G64.

No reason, but it won’t matter.

So, no…it only needs to be in there once, but having it twice won’t make a difference.

1 Like

G91.1: Arc IJK Distance Modes

It is supported in grbl as of version 0.9i

1 Like

Found this…it is an older article, but may be relevant…

First, F-Engrave defines variables for the feed rate and engraving cut depth that are not compatible with GBRL. This problem can be solved by checking the “Disable Variables” check box in the F-Engrave Settings window. This will prevent F-Engrave from writing the incompatible variables to the g-code output file.
Second, F-Engrave uses incremental distance mode for arcs. In order to ensure that g-code interpreters read the data correctly the code G91.1 is set in the g-code output (setting the arc distance mode to Incremental). Unfortunately GRBL does not support reading the G91.1 code. To eliminate the incompatible G91.1 code from the F-Engrave output F-Engrave users need to un-check the “Enable Arc Fitting” option in the F-Engrave Settings window. (Alternatively the G91.1 code can be manually removed from the g-code file.)

1 Like