Gantry lift plates

Nope. No need so far. No finances. No space on my granite table top. So far no jobs have required anything larger then what i can handle. Do i wanna? DEF! :sob:

3 Likes

I like the concept but Iā€™m not sure how much I like the durability. By extending yet not strengthening the X axis end plates you are essentially putting a lever arm on the end of them; Your relationship to the fulcrum has changed and weakens the rigidity. It would be wiser in my opinion to either replace the endplates with thicker material all together, or replace the Y axis endplates to gain the height instead.

Iā€™m glad it worked out for you. That was just my initial impression looking at the design. Thanks for the idea!

1 Like

I cut and installed Philā€™s plates as well. After installation, I donā€™t get any added play from the increase in height.

1 Like

Is there ANY way in which you would be willing to share the file, and material type? This is DEFINITELY the direction which I would like to go with my end plates.

Everything you want is up there somewhere.

Thank you for your insight. As you apparently know this to be fact, would you care to show your evidence?

Iā€™m totally down for an 1800ā€¦

LOL

14 posts above

You are telling me that there is a file for Phantommā€™s ā€œEnd Platesā€, 14 posts above???

1 Like

Ah, well the answer to that question is up there also. Besides itā€™s pretty simple to get the spec sheet and make your own.

As I asked for a file, and not a billion reasons on why I should not asked for a fileā€¦ I am going to go ahead and disregard you at this point.

Well , Iā€™m not sure how it went down that road. But ok. Iā€™ll try and not let it affect my sleep tonight.

Now, now children. Play nice!

1 Like

Wasnā€™t trying to ā€œPhilā€ him lol. Just point him in the right direction. The PDF from Inventables makes if pretty easy to to make your own. Iā€™m not sure how to feel. Iā€™ve never been ā€œdisregardedā€ before.

2 Likes

Hit the brakes peepsā€¦ Still working out the deeeeeeetails on this plate-a-majig.

Thatā€™s what I was sayingā€¦

Hey! how about those Cubbies!!!

1 Like

Phil:
Had an interesting thought about the lift plates.
What about a thin plate on the opposite side to help lock it down better?
I am talking about the inset part, you have a thin matching plate and use that to help secure it.

What do you think. Too much weight? or will it matter? I have not experimented with them yet.

PLEASEā€¦ tell me this is shared on easel or something. Please say that you have a link to this or are willing to upload.