"Generating Paths" times-out spindle

first post, hi all…

as stated, im attempting to do a rather complex carve but the system im attempting to generate a path, through easel on, seems to take too long and the spindle is turning off and timing out… im curious if this is my laptop being slow, or the carve being too complex and requiring too long of tool paths… the design i am attempting to carve is similar to a mandala symbol!

i have a faster machine i will be loading to design onto through easel tomorrow and trying out to see if its any better, but any input would be appreciated…

thank you for your reply @PhilJohnson you seem to very active in the community and we all appreciate it!! i used your advice and got a good start, only to find out the bed was not completely level on my 1000mm machine, i have seen a bunch of people that are surfacing the material they want to engrave, or surfacing the waste board on the machine… but i have yet to see anyone post any gcode or instructions on how they go about telling the machine to level the surface, any advice? should i go in easel and just make a flat board the size of my wastebed and carve it in small increments?

1 Like