Graphic for silkscreen

Yep, you need to select them all choose fill instead of outline.

Also, try using the single flute up cutā€¦ the 2 flute that came with the starter pack is probably a ball nose bit and not really suited for this type of task. Ball nose bits are best for finishing passes or rounded 3D surfaces. Also lower the feed rate to half its current speed for drilling holesā€¦ the tight movements can get jerky when plunging and turning too quickly.

This seems to have done the trick, thanks!
I have no idea how that got changed to outline, I just loaded a project that someone had shared and copied it.
I made another copy and the outlines are gone and it seems to be carving correctly.

Thanks again,
Kelly

Awesome! Glad I could help.

Yeah, Iā€™m the one who shared the Easel project so I knew it should work. Nice that it turned out right in the end.

Happy carving!

So, hereā€™s a video of my ā€œflyingā€ x-carve, just turn down the audio, I may have been a bit giddy that it was actually working!
(yes, this x-carve can carve in mid-air, I needed to make sure I could get it out of the way so that my wife could park her new car under it!).

Flying x-carve

1 Like

Nice!

Might even help when you countersink the underside of the wasteboard to get the threaded inserts in place.

Great job.