Grbl 1.0c Issue?

Hey all,

I recently loaded Easel, which I don’t use that often, and it asked me to upgrade the Easel drivers. I didn’t do it right then, but it also alerted me to upgrade my Grbl firmware to 1.0c. I did that and it ran me through the setup after. Now, it seems, that UGS is acting wonky. Sometimes, after I zero X,Y and Z, and start the carve, it raises higher than it normally does and goes off in the opposite direction. It does work sometimes, but it is sporadic, so I am not sure what I am doing. Also, when I do the zeroing, the speed the bit moves is VERY slow at times, but then it works sometimes like it did before. I didn’t change the probing commands (except for the bit size) that I got from Charley’s spreadsheet.

I am using a May 10, 2016 nightly build version 2.0 of the classic UGS because it has worked for me and I’ve been scared to risk tumbling the house of cards by upgrading :). Here are my grbl settings. They seem to be the same as the were before. Should I upgrade to 1.1f that is on the X-carve grbl fork?

$$
$0=10 (step pulse, usec)
$1=255 (step idle delay, msec)
$2=0 (step port invert mask:00000000)
$3=3 (dir port invert mask:00000011)
$4=0 (step enable invert, bool)
$5=0 (limit pins invert, bool)
$6=0 (probe pin invert, bool)
$10=3 (status report mask:00000011)
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$11=0.010 (junction deviation, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$12=0.002 (arc tolerance, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
$13=0 (report inches, bool)
$20=0 (soft limits, bool)
$21=0 (hard limits, bool)
$22=0 (homing cycle, bool)
$23=3 (homing dir invert mask:00000011)
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$24=25.000 (homing feed, mm/min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$25=750.000 (homing seek, mm/min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
$26=250 (homing debounce, msec)
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$27=1.000 (homing pull-off, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$30=1. (rpm max)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$31=0. (rpm min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$100=40.000 (x, step/mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$101=40.000 (y, step/mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$102=188.976 (z, step/mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$110=8000.000 (x max rate, mm/min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$111=8000.000 (y max rate, mm/min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$112=500.000 (z max rate, mm/min)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$120=500.000 (x accel, mm/sec^2)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$121=500.000 (y accel, mm/sec^2)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$122=50.000 (z accel, mm/sec^2)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$130=790.000 (x max travel, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$131=790.000 (y max travel, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}
GrblFeedbackMessage{message=‘$132=100.000 (z max travel, mm)’, distanceMode=‘null’, units=‘null’}

Thanks for any help!
Brian

That will resolve all of the issues I mentioned? Also, even if unrelated to the issues I was seeing, would you recommend upgrading to 1.1f? Also, my $10 was 3 before I upgraded so I set it back. Something changed?

Oh, and when I jog the axes, it goes in the correct direction. Not sure if $10 would affect that?

I did run through the setup. I am not sure if I did it correctly because I use a 3 axis probe but it only had the Z-axis probe. I’ll run through it again just to make sure. Is it worth upgrading to 1.1f? Or are people mostly on 1.0c?

I use 1.1f with no problems

1 Like

Haha. Deep fried!
Whats all this about 1.1f?
there was an update?

Makes sense. im sticking where i am. no issues so far.

1 Like

Actually i did notice one issue maybe anyone else has seen this?
In mid carve it cancels and goes back home. But only on easel. It kinda acts like someone hit the cancel button.

THAT WOULD BE AMAAAAAAAAZING!!!
And maybe better pathfinding and entry methods. Like spiraling.

not with aluminum…
but the choice would be nice to have.

Link? or pls explain…