Hacking the soft start on DWP611

I am wanting to experiment a little with the Dewalt DWP611. Can anyone tell me or point me to the information that explains how to hack the soft start unit and bypass it all together?

I don’t think you’d really want to do that. When I was playing around with mine, testing it before installing it, I noticed that even from the factory it has a TON of initial torque on startup. It wants to twist right out of my hand. If the soft start were disabled it could really put some nasty torsional loads on the spindle mount, v wheels and pretty much the whole z axis of the machine on startup.

If you really want to do this you could check the Super PID web site. They have you take the soft start circuitry out to install their system.

Thank you. I plan on using a speed controller that can ramp the speed up from a low speed. Something similar to the PID. I think I might eventually go that route even. Is there anyone here on the forum using the Pid system with a hacked dwp611? I would really like to hear an honest review. I will do a search and see what I can come up with.

Thanks again

Happy X-Carving!!!