Having problem with carve depth

I am carving street signs for customer. Some are 2 sided. When carving the first side it comes out prefect. After I flip it over and I zero the z axis before I start carving, When I start the carve it goes deeper. I do not know what the problems. I have a X-Carve Pro and using a 90 degree bit. This problem is not consistence, I have one sign that carve both sides prefect.

1 Like

Is the excess depth right next to the area where you probed z zero? Or off away from the area?

Is it possible that the board isn’t perfectly parallel to the spindle movement plane after the flip? You could check and shim of needed.
Like I do in this video…

The problem is the depth of the carve.

.Attached are pictures what it look like.

If the depth is consistent across the entire side that is too deep, it is most likely that the Z-Zero is not being set correctly the second time. Though that begs the question to be answered: Why do you need to reset the Z-Axis if the thickness of the wood has not changed and the V-Bit has not been changed? I mean if you have a slab that is a consistent thickness and you are only V-Carving a street name into it, all you should need to do is flip the piece of wood while keeping the X & Y Zero location in the same location.

{:0)

Brandon Parker

2 Likes

I did what you suggested and I still have problems. I had all the signs under one project. I started a new project for each sign and the carve was prefect for all signs. Could the problem be with Easel Pro. Might want to check thus out.

Possibly…

Can you share the project(s) where the issue lies?

{:0)

Brandon Parker

1 Like

I am sorry, but I deleted the project that I had problems with. I will in the future keep any project file that I have problems with to share with Inventables.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.